Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Eve at Aunt Bobbie's!

Growing up, I have fond memories of going to visit my Aunt & Uncle and playing with all (4) of my cousins. As the years have passed and everyone has gotten married, had kids, divorced, remarried, blended families, had more kids, and so on....talk about fun when everyone is together!
I remember growing up that if my boyfriend survived a holiday at my Aunt & Uncle's house he was a keeper! Thankfully, when I met John, he didn't bat an eye...that probably had to do with the beer in his hand :-)

Aunt Bobbie goes all out on Christmas - the Griswold's have nothing on her. She has a "no-no" room that is beautifully decorated with breakable items (sadly this is the only picture I have and it's only the corner)


She has stuffed animals from each year she has been in her house lining the staircase.

The kids were fascinated by Douglas, the talking Christmas Tree




It was finally time to open presents! The kids couldn't wait - here they are anxiously waiting for their stocking!


Presents!!!!
Sarah was so excited to receive a Dora doll with a sling

Jacob was so excited about his Thomas the Train, that he didn't even wait for anyone to open the box before he gave it a test drive!

Sadly, I didn't get a great picture of just how many people we celebrated the day with. Here is a picture I snapped with my phone after all the presents were open and many people were off and playing with their new toys


No comments: